A/C Compressor won't turn on - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

A/C Compressor won't turn on

CF Beginner

Odneville, AL

July 13th, 2011, 3:25 PM   #1  
A/C Compressor won't turn on

Took it to a mechanic and he said the switch is bad, is there any way to bypass this switch and just have it kick on when I turn the AC on? Also, previous owner cut off vents how do I get these to turn back on/switch on

CF Beginner

De Soto Kansas

July 17th, 2011, 5:54 PM   #2  
Posted By: remington22girl Took it to a mechanic and he said the switch is bad, is there any way to bypass this switch and just have it kick on when I turn the AC on? Also, previous owner cut off vents how do I get these to turn back on/switch on

That is a very time consuming project right there depending on how many pcs they ripped out. An option would be to tear out the cover for the heater core and put some 12volt fans down there. You will have much more air flow, but you will loose leg room for the passenger.

CF Beginner

Odneville, AL

July 19th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #3  
Well, it is a blazer and the heater core is on the middle hump, plus it leaks and I have to replace it anyways, I will try this and keep you updated. Thanks!

CF Beginner

July 23rd, 2011, 1:04 AM   #4  
you can buy a switch at auto zone it only cost about 8 or 12 bucks it is located on the acumalter it has a wire coming wires comin from it going to the compreser as for your other problem i woud go to a salvage and see if i can find those parts

Tags
Search this Thread