cant get my 91 s10 to start - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

cant get my 91 s10 to start

CF Beginner

johnson city, TN

March 14th, 2010, 3:00 PM   #1  
cant get my 91 s10 to start

about 3 months ago my s10 stopped running. it will turn over but wont start. i can start it by pouring gas in the throttle body but other than that nothing ive tried works. ive replaced the fuel pump,strainer,filter,fuel pump relay,fuel pressure regulator, igition module,ignition switch,idle air module and the computer. i when the switch is on the relay dont kick on and cant figure out why. but when i bypass the relay i still dont get any gas through the injectors. can some 1 help me out? or what else it could be? thanks

CF Veteran

kentucky

March 14th, 2010, 5:11 PM   #2  
check all the fuses. then look for bad connection to the relay. put power to the wire that feeds the actual fuel pump and see if the pump will kick on. this can help narrow it down

CF Beginner

johnson city, TN

March 14th, 2010, 5:46 PM   #3  
all fuses are good, checked all conections they are good, pump will come on if power is applied to the pump

Rogers mechanical repair service's Avatar
CF Beginner

Cunningham, TN

March 15th, 2010, 2:30 PM   #4  
So let me get this strait. You energize the fuel pump and it still doesn't get fuel to the injectors or is it the injectors are not spraying. Take the fuel line off at the intake to see if you have fuel getting to the injectors. My 87 had a blown rubber hose on the fuel pump assymbly. Inwhich Litle to no fuel would flow through the lines.

CF Beginner

johnson city, TN

March 28th, 2010, 7:23 AM   #5  
thanks to all that has replied got it running. it was a short n a power wire that went to the main computer.

but still have an issue with the check engine light flashes rapidly all the time the truck is running. any clues?

CF Junior Member

April 8th, 2010, 2:42 PM   #6  
just reset the codes and see if it still does it and if it is still doing that then check all your connections fot the regulator pump and lines for everything.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors