Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > S-10 & Blazer
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 03:00 PM
CF Beginner
1991 Chevrolet S-10

Default cant get my 91 s10 to start

about 3 months ago my s10 stopped running. it will turn over but wont start. i can start it by pouring gas in the throttle body but other than that nothing ive tried works. ive replaced the fuel pump,strainer,filter,fuel pump relay,fuel pressure regulator, igition module,ignition switch,idle air module and the computer. i when the switch is on the relay dont kick on and cant figure out why. but when i bypass the relay i still dont get any gas through the injectors. can some 1 help me out? or what else it could be? thanks
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 03-14-2010, 05:11 PM
CF Veteran
1990 Chevrolet Camaro

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp

check all the fuses. then look for bad connection to the relay. put power to the wire that feeds the actual fuel pump and see if the pump will kick on. this can help narrow it down
Old 03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
CF Beginner
1991 Chevrolet S-10

all fuses are good, checked all conections they are good, pump will come on if power is applied to the pump
Old 03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
CF Beginner

Send a message via MSN to Rogers mechanical repair service Send a message via Yahoo to Rogers mechanical repair service

So let me get this strait. You energize the fuel pump and it still doesn't get fuel to the injectors or is it the injectors are not spraying. Take the fuel line off at the intake to see if you have fuel getting to the injectors. My 87 had a blown rubber hose on the fuel pump assymbly. Inwhich Litle to no fuel would flow through the lines.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:23 AM
CF Beginner
1991 Chevrolet S-10

thanks to all that has replied got it running. it was a short n a power wire that went to the main computer.

but still have an issue with the check engine light flashes rapidly all the time the truck is running. any clues?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 PM
CF Junior Member

just reset the codes and see if it still does it and if it is still doing that then check all your connections fot the regulator pump and lines for everything.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 PM

Tags
1991, 91, 91s10, arent, chevy, ecm, fuel, injectors, pressure, rebuild, regulator, reset, s10, spraying, squirting