S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

chevy s10 oil leaking problem any help

Old February 18th, 2013, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation chevy s10 oil leaking problem any help

ok i have a 2001 chevy s10 2.2l 5speed truck. ok ill give the story one day the timing chain broke while driving i got it home spent weeks working on it and replaced the valve cover gasket the timing chain and tensioner and also the gasket for the timing chain cover. now this is where it gets complicated. i started the truck after that and found it was leaking a large amount of oil in the BACK of the motor. i only worked on the front. so weeks later i removed the transmission and replaced the rear main seal and the oil pan gasket i completely removed the oil pan and cleaned it during the process. now today i put the truck all back together and it is still leaking a signifigant amount of oil.

the oil only leaks when the truck is RUNNING. also the oil is leaking on to the top of the starter so i can't see where it is leaking from
my question is what could have happened when the timing chain broke to cause this much oil leaking in the upper rear part of the motor and where could this oil be coming from please help me i am so freaking stressed over this thing with parts and money and time also i have a real bad back so all the time i have spent working on it and the damn thing still leaks please reply with all the help you can offer.
Old February 19th, 2013, 6:47 AM
CF Beginner

anyone have any help
Old February 23rd, 2013, 1:23 PM
CF Beginner

ok the oil is leaking on top of the starter it isn't the oil pan gasket or the rear main seal is the oil dipstick tube pressurized
Old February 23rd, 2013, 1:27 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by tentenmarschel
ok the oil is leaking on top of the starter it isn't the oil pan gasket or the rear main seal is the oil dipstick tube pressurized
No it is not. Have you checked the pcv valve? That pulls the pressure out of the crankcase as to prevent oil pressure to migrate past gaskets ect. The tube should have an o ring seal that might need replaced.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

i would try this.
power spray wash the back of the motor and bell housing and let dry.
Spray foot powder all over the back of the motor and bell housing.
your leak should show up at the spot that turns color.

Just a suggestion...