S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Cigarette lighter not working

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2016, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cigarette lighter not working

Hi everyone! Newbie here, and I don't know much about vehicles so please bare with me. I have a 94 Blazer S10 It has two cigarette lighter/chargers in it. One near the floor and one on the dash by the radio. The one by the radio doesn't provide any power and I was hoping someone here could help me get it working. Also if you know if it has power when the car is turned off?
Old January 28th, 2016, 8:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

using the owners manual...locate the correct fuse for the outlet and check it for power. if power is there, remove the connector plug at the back of the outlet and check it for power and grd. if you have power and grd at the connector...replace the outlet.
Old February 10th, 2016, 3:37 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
using the owners manual...locate the correct fuse for the outlet and check it for power. if power is there, remove the connector plug at the back of the outlet and check it for power and grd. if you have power and grd at the connector...replace the outlet.
Let's say I don't know anything about cars or electricity. Can you walk me through those steps in layman's terms?
Old February 11th, 2016, 5:53 PM
Super Moderator

you will need a voltmeter or test light
which one are you going to use?
Old February 13th, 2016, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

I have a voltmeter
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

the connector to the socket should have 2 wires. the power feed should be orange with a black tracer and the grd should be black.

disconnect the connector from the lighter outet. set the dvom to volts.

connect one meter lead to the power wire and the other to the grd wire. if you have battery voltage...approx. 12 volts the lighter socket is nfg.