S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Leaking Door Seal 94 S-10 Blazer

Old December 2nd, 2011, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Door Seal 94 S-10 Blazer

Hi all I'm new here, I really need help with fixing my leaking door. I'd went through a car wash and water gushed in through the top of my passenger door, the window was up and the door was shut tightly. I'd took my truck to an auto zone after it happened and the manager there told me that he couldn't find anything wrong with the door seal. I can't afford to have the dealership fix the problem is there a quick fix I can use to stop the waterfall that comes through my door? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Heather.
Old December 8th, 2011, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick and cheap door seal repair...

I had the same problem on a work van I had long ago. The door seal looked fine, but when it rained water would leak in. I went to the dealer to buy a new door seal and they wanted like $100 or something crazy like that.

My solution was to take black caulk (as it matched the black door seal) and caulk a big bead over the entire door seal. Before I did that I put painters tape on either side of the door seal to prevent any overspill. Then I put saran wrap over the caulk and shut the door and let it dry for about 5 days. Then I opened the door and peeled off the saran wrap. Repaired the door seal very nicely. If for some reason you have some overspill, or the saran wrap sticks to the caulk and you can't peel it off, just trim it with some very small scissors, or a single edge razor blade, until it is resolved.

Hope this works for you.