S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Firewall holes for power wire?

Old June 7th, 2009, 9:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Firewall holes for power wire?

Are there any existing grommets in the right side of the 1998 and up blazer? i have a 2004 2 door and i can't find any holes in the right side to run the 4 gauge to the trunk for my amplifier. right now its ran up the side of the engine bay, across the top and down the driver side by a shop. i yelled at them a lot and didn't pay for anything but supplies but it looks like crap.

Any ideas?
Old June 7th, 2009, 9:18 PM
Site Moderator

There is a grommet beneath the carpet on the passenger side where the antennea wire for the stereo is going through. You can puch a new hole through it, or what I did was find a old pair of rabbit ears (for a tv if you have any lying around, i did lol) and break off one of the peices of the ears. It should be a hollow metal tube basically. I shoved that through the grommet, fed my wires through the metal tube, then pulled the metal tube out of the grommet and pulled it off the wires. I could then pull the wires freely to the length I needed for my lights.

For a 4 gauge, might be a little tricky. Don't know if you could use my method since I was feeding through 12 gauge wire lol. I would just drill a hole big enough, feed the wire through, then seal it up with some silicone sealer.

Last edited by davtak; June 7th, 2009 at 9:20 PM.
Old June 8th, 2009, 12:25 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I cut the grommet away and run some door edge molding around the edge of the hole, run all the wires I needed to run, then sealed it with a DAB of expansion foam.
Old June 9th, 2009, 4:09 AM
CF Junior Member

thanks guys, this makes life so much easier, and cheaper haha. 1 foot of 4 gauge being $2, this saved me about $20 total. adds up when you're in college.