Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > S-10 & Blazer
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 01:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default HELP!!!! Brake and ABS light on dash

Hello All,
I have a 2001 S-10 with the 4.3 and an automatic tranny. On my dash, the brake and ABS light are illuminated and I can't figure out why. I have checked the brakes and there is plenty of meat left on the pads and shoes. The emergency brake works great. I have checked the 60 amp ABS fuse under the hood and that's still good. Also, the brake fluid is at the max level. She is one of my daily drivers and the brakes work flawlessly. I'll say again, the brakes work great! I have also run a OBD2 diagnostic on her with no codes present. The ECM isn't reading any problems, but there is obviously something wrong. So, before I take it to a repair shop, I thought I would ask here to see if this is a common problem and possibly an easy fix. Presently, she has 60,000 miles on her and runs exellent. Any suggestions? Thank you for you time and take care.

John
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:55 AM
CF Junior Member

I seen this issue on my first 2002 Blazer, it turned out to be the ABS Sensor on the Driver Side Front Tire has come loose and it was triggering the ABS light to say on. I just pushed it back in and all was fine. If memory serves me right it is located on the Top of the disc assemble behind the dust shield. Take the tire off or turn to till it stops and press the ABS Sensor back in, if this does not solve it, your sensor is more then likely bad and should be replaced.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 AM
CF Beginner

They're on in my 2001 Blazer also. It's one of the sensors in the wheel..either the wheel speed or the ABS sensor as listed above. It's a fairly common problem I think...I've heard a lot of it over on BF

Blazer Pictures: Click Here | Muddin' Pictures: Click Here
Old 08-28-2013, 08:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2001 S-10 Blazer ABS & Brake Lights

My local tire dealership told me that the difference in size between my front and rear tires is the reason my lights keep coming on. Just recently replaced the front tires, but haven't got around to changing the rear tires. Besides they have plently of life in them yet. . .
Old 08-28-2013, 08:59 PM

Tags
01, 1995, abs, blazer, brake, chevy, coads, computer, corvette, driver, fix, front, light, suburban, truck, turn