S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Help on my S10

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2011, 12:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on my S10

Ok here is the thing. I bought this Chevy from my uncle. (He is a good guy and would not knowingly wrong me.) He told me the battery would go dead ever so often. Well I drove it for a while then the battery went dead. I changed it since it was still under warrenty. Then I got to where I had to drive it at least every other day. If I let it go 2 days without be driven it would die.

It eventually got where it would not hold a charge what so ever. So
my father-in-law and I put on a knew alternator (we had it tested it was good.) So I continued to drive it.

Several months later

It went dead on me again!

Here are some things that may be wrong with it.
1. My radio light stays on all the time. Whether the keys are in it or not.
2. When I plug my phone charger into the charging port or the light it stays on all the time. Whether keys is are in it or not.
3. This one may not be related at all, but you never know. My windsheild wipers only work when they want to.

I first discoved this when I was driving down the road and had a lot of dust on my windshield. So I hit my mist spray and the only thing that happend was the water came out and covered my windsheild causing me to not be able to see until the wind dryed the water.

Also I was driving down the interstate and it was raining. Not too bad but when you're doing 70mph. My wipers all of a sudden stopped in the middle of a cycle. I kinda paniced and had to pull over and wait for the rain to lighten up.

Sometime I will hit the wippers just to see with they work. I'll turn it on then turn it off. You know what happened. The wippers would not stop wiping for like 10 minutes. So there I was on the sunniest day of the year driving down the road with my wipers on.

Please can anyone shed some light on this troubled soul, before I go insane.

Thanks
Old December 6th, 2011, 4:02 AM
CF Active Member

I remember back in the 90'a Chevy was having a lot of issues with those wiper motors, you may just try replacing it.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:50 PM
CF Beginner

I might give that a try...what about my battery dilema? Any thoughts?
Old December 25th, 2011, 10:56 PM
CF Beginner

I had same problem replaced battery twice and alternator and still had problem had the guy at battery shop notice light staying on in radio He told me a story about another customer with same problem who ended up changing radio out and solved problem I went to salvage yard and bought another radio for 40 dollars and put it in and haven't had that problem since on mine the clock was staying illuminated all the time
Old January 16th, 2012, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Could be a bad wiper switch too. As for the radio, try to find the power source wire, cut it and splice in a toggle switch. Of course you'll need to add a little extra wire so you can position the switch somewhere(like drill a hole in your dash). Now when you shut off car, shut off radio switch.