S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

HELP PLEASE Occasional hard start 88 2.5

Old June 25th, 2012, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE Occasional hard start 88 2.5

HELP PLEASE Occasional hard start 88 2.5<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->I have a BRAIN SCRATCHER -I have had 2 chevy MR GOODWRENCH dealer guys and 3 other mechs check it out and no 1 can fix it or has a clue as to what it is - only code it gives is a low coolant temp due to it has a gauge now
most of the time it fires right up and runs fine - normal -turn key engine starts let go of key and runs fine

dilema is -

now and then it - wants to start as in normal turn key engine starts let go of key and sounds as if key is turned off or runs out of fuel
it dont matter hot cold etc.

do notice though that when it wont start after several attempts to start it I smell raw gas -- if I let it sit 15 / 20 mins it will usually fire right up
then run awesome for a while - no rough running misfire or low fuel type issues at all ---then when I really need it to start - it lets me down
I hunt and fish alot -this is my lets have fun vehicle - and I am not having any fun

I know that the truck has no ill feelings towards me due to I really put a lot of time and $$$$ money into it when I 1st got it - you could say I rescued it and gave it a much better home <!-- google_ad_section_end -->