S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Issue with 95 S10 cant find solution

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2016, 11:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with 95 S10 cant find solution

I have a 95 chevy s10 2.2 5spd manual. I have had it for about a month and a half. It was running fine but we needed to replace the starter it was sounding bad, now it sound fine. But there is a problem that has come up that we cant seem to find the problem.

After sitting it will start and fire well and it will run fine for a bit but then it starts to act like its not getting any fuel and will act like it all of a sudden has a heavy load but it will last for a few minutes then be fine for another few minutes then do it again and die. Once it dies i will try to start it and it will just sit there and try to crank but wont actually fire. We let it sit for at least 30 minutes to an hour and then it will start fine but have the same issue after a few minutes. We have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, crank sensor but it is still having the same problems. And we can let it sit and idle for an hour and it have no problems but it will start sporadically sputtering and try to die then it will happen more often and finally die. At this point sometimes it will crank back up or it will give problems and wont start unless we let it sit. Any help woll be greatly appreciated it is the only car we have and really would like to get it fixed asap.
Old March 19th, 2016, 11:08 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Possibly fuel pressure regulator or the injector itself.
Old March 26th, 2016, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Replaced regulator and still having same problems the idling is no longer as bad but still sputters when i hit the acceleration.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Ok so i have been driving it around for an hour and it is not trying to stall out anymore but now the truck is sputtering while trying to accelerate and i keep hearing a loud pop from under the hood when i accelerate.
Old October 24th, 2016, 5:01 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Check for vacuum leak. Check throttle body gasket first.
Old October 31st, 2016, 6:26 PM
CF Active Member

How many miles on your S-10?