S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

leaking water when it rains

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2010, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaking water when it rains

i hope someone can help me! my 91 s10 2wd 4cyl. 5 speed. it leaks water on the passenger and drivers side floor whenever it rains. the leak on the passenger side looks like its coming from behind the heater box. cant see where the leak is on the drivers side. the truck only leaks when it rains and it is making me crazy!!! please help
Old February 10th, 2010, 3:20 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

There are a couple of grommets under the carpet next to the dash. You may want to pull up the edges of the carpet and check them.
Old February 10th, 2010, 5:36 PM
CF Beginner

thanks for helping me i appreciate it. i pulled the carpet and the dash out there is nothing in the truck but a seat and steering wheel. the water is coming from behind the heater box. so i pulled the box out and sealed it against the firewall. but it still leaks from back there. and it leaks on the driver side too. not sure where that leak is coming from
Old February 11th, 2010, 6:19 PM
CF Junior Member

It could be a bad windshield seal, i had a problem with my rear window where the glass installer didn't fully seal my window when a lacrosse ball blew it out. take a hose, turn it on just so that it slowly flows and then search for the leak... yeah, my rear carpeting was moldy as all he**, cleaned and replaced the "cushioning" underneath it
Old February 11th, 2010, 7:29 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is most likely getting into the fresh air intake under the cowl panel.
Old May 11th, 2010, 6:16 PM
CF Beginner

My 1995 S-10 Blazer leaks from fresh air intake to passenger's side. Down the corner junction of firewall and kick panel to floor where it pools. I ran water slowly from hose over black cowling starting from outboard end to center on passenger's side. The leak started when the hose got to the fresh air intake. What needs to be done to gain access to the area in question?
Old December 8th, 2010, 6:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default ME TOO my blazer is leaking...

Originally Posted by PeterCummins45
My 1995 S-10 Blazer leaks from fresh air intake to passenger's side. Down the corner junction of firewall and kick panel to floor where it pools. I ran water slowly from hose over black cowling starting from outboard end to center on passenger's side. The leak started when the hose got to the fresh air intake. What needs to be done to gain access to the area in question?
Have you found an answer? because I am having the same problem. I thought I knew my Blazer but I have no idea what you mean by the fresh air intake or where it is located?
Old December 10th, 2010, 7:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default leaking S-10

swamprat

I don't remember if Peter got the leak figured out or not. I remember him pulling up carpet, oh that was on the Drivers side to find the wires for the seat control. They were in a bad place and were damaged. He re routed them and fixed them.

Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

I don't know if he told you, but we went to Cleveland clinic on the 11th of October for surgery on his ostomy. Things went bad, very bad. He passed away and went to the angels on the 1st of November.

Emily
Old December 11th, 2010, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by PeterCummins45
swamprat

I don't remember if Peter got the leak figured out or not. I remember him pulling up carpet, oh that was on the Drivers side to find the wires for the seat control. They were in a bad place and were damaged. He re routed them and fixed them.

Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

I don't know if he told you, but we went to Cleveland clinic on the 11th of October for surgery on his ostomy. Things went bad, very bad. He passed away and went to the angels on the 1st of November.

Emily
I did find the answer thank you. The fresh air vent is located under the 'cowl' vent. Which is the plastic piece below the windshield (usually black) the same piece which shrouds the windshield wipers.

I took mine off and the drain hole was clogged (passenger side only), I merely flushed it out with a hose and everything is back to good.

Sorry to hear about Peter, R.I.P.
Old December 11th, 2010, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the info on the 'fix'. If it rains in that side again I will know what to do.

Peter was my friend and also my husband. We dated in high school and then went our own ways. A few times in those 40+ years we talked. We got back together in 2005. Married in early 2006. So we were back together 5 years - and the past 3 were medical issues for him. And some for me [back problems], but mostly him .... That is all the time we were allowed, but it was good.

Emily Cummins

Quick Reply: leaking water when it rains