S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

LIfe jackets needed!

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2012, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIfe jackets needed!

Hi,

My girlfriend bought herself a 96 blazer 4X4, nice little ride, very clean.

She was told it was in an estate, one owner, and as the estate was being settled it sat for a good period of time. Which I believe true. It seemed as it sat for so long it was parked just off the driveway onto the grass where the front end just rotted away. Everything on the front was the worst rust job I ever seen. But stopped the back end of the vehicle is in perfect shape.

Well the very first thing I stated with was the already broken sway bar bolts. Then went to the idle arm, pitman arm, and the tire rod ends. We took it in for alignment after that. The mechanic suggested we replace the lower ball joints before the alignment. I took his advice but went a step further, and replaced the upper as-well. Took it back for alignment, and went great.

Now since then it rides like a boat on a bad day on the Mississippi river. So after all that I guess I will get to my questions.

1) Did I do something wrong with the sway bar?

2) I'm guessing it's just the shocks, so I don't want to buy those cheap $19.99 shocks. I don't mind spending good money on shocks, what is the best type/model to purchase for the best ride, and only have to replace once for the remainder life of the vehicle?

Thanks
Art

P.S. please include your own thought on something I may be missing!