S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

LN2 #4 Injector replacement

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2017, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LN2 #4 Injector replacement

I'm trying to install a new injector in the #4 cylinder on an LN2 in an S10. Tight quarters back there are making it difficult to pop it in with a hammer, easily done on the other 3. I actually broke the top on the new injector I tried to install. I moved the relays (or whatever the small boxes are on the firewall) to get more clearancebut still could not get a straight on whack to the top of the injector. I'm pretty sure the o-rings were on correctly, and oiled it up before attempting to install it. Anyone got any secrets to share about getting the injector seated before I ruin another perfectly new one?
Old January 29th, 2017, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I discovered the solution and will post it here for future users. You can push and rotate the injector and it will pop right in! No horrible whacking with a hammer or any other violent behavior need be applied. Everything is back together today and the engine runs "smooth as butter". Life is good again.