S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

My S-10 creaks when i go over speed bumps.... can someone help me? (im new)

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2012, 7:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My S-10 creaks when i go over speed bumps.... can someone help me? (im new)

Hey people! Im new here and this is my first post. i dont know why that matters though. haha

Anywayyy... I have a used 2000 chevy S-10 and when ever i go over the speed bumps at work, it creaks when it goes down i think it is. sounds like its coming from the front right tire area. I go over the bumps very slowly. i almost stop in fact when i go over them. haha
There havent been any problems with it. well... actually the mechanic said my battery was no good (i doubt it). i bought a new one anyway. that was a week ago almost exactly.

Okay so who can tell me why my truck creaks when i go over speed bumps?
Old December 24th, 2012, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either ball joints or control arm bushings. Easy fixes if you know what your doing.
Old January 8th, 2013, 8:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi

ball joints need to be done by a professional at a shop. more than likely a creeking noise wont be ball joints and if they are bad you would deff. know. sounds like you might have some bad shocks or struts. they are fairly cheap compared to other parts and those you can replace yourself as long as you have some wrenches and a mechanical aptitude. the best way to hear where it is coming from is to use a floor jack and jack up each tire then quickly release it and let it drop and bounce to hear where the noise is coming from. just make sure your not underneath it. if you have a grease gun you may want to pump a little into your grease fittings just to make sure they are full. hope im some help.