S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Need help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2016, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help ASAP

Hello, I have a 2002 Chevy Blazer 4wd and I'm trying to figure out what the part is that is behind the ac accumulator. Something back there is heating up so much that the plastic casing is melting. Any help is appreciated! I attached a picture of the area I'm talking about. It's not my vehicle, but one with the same set up as mine. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Need help ASAP-image.png  
Old November 22nd, 2016, 8:11 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Does the A/C blow cold air? Does the blower work well in all speeds?
Old November 23rd, 2016, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The blower when on cold blows really cold but when turned to the warm setting it doesn't seem to blow as warm as it should. There are 4 speed settings for the blower, the two higher ones seem to work really well, but the two lower ones don't seem to blow any different from one another. There is a melting smell when I turn on the defrost. I don't seem to notice it when I the regular heating upper and lower vents are used. Here is a pic of my vehicle in the spot that is melting.
Attached Thumbnails Need help ASAP-image.jpeg  
Old November 24th, 2016, 1:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Amber Longstreet
Hello, I have a 2002 Chevy Blazer 4wd and I'm trying to figure out what the part is that is behind the ac accumulator. Something back there is heating up so much that the plastic casing is melting. Any help is appreciated! I attached a picture of the area I'm talking about. It's not my vehicle, but one with the same set up as mine. Thank you.
the hvac case houses the a/c condenser, heater core, blower resistor