S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

newbie, go easy

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2012, 4:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie, go easy

new to the site, but im currently doing a head gasket on my 95 s10 with a 2.2 in it. it also has a bad lifter but im unsure of exactly which one it is and i was going to get a full set before i found out they were $30 a piece. so is there any way to check tolerances of the lifters since they are a roller type?

and another question i have is how exactly to disconnect the fuel line from the rail. i see that the line threads into a vertical hex, but i dont know how to get that hex off the rail to get the manifold off. thanks guys
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
CF Beginner

alright, well forget about those questions, i got the head off and there is still a lot of coolant in the block, i need to drain it all out cuz its the regular green stuff and not dex-cool, so do you guys just pull the water pump off and drain it that way, or is there a plug on the block/pump that im missing?
Old April 22nd, 2012, 5:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: the green stuff

you can purchase a flush kit at a auto parts store, Prestone makes it. The instructions are on the bake of the kit. The "green stuff" is just as good as GM's dex-cool, plus its cheeper. If you go back to dex-cool your change interval is the same as the "green stuff". I only use the "green stuff" in my shop unless the customer request dec-cool, then the price goes up.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

is there also a problem with spark plugs not threading in all the way with these heads? cuz cylinder 3 spark plug only went in half way and its being a real PITA to get out , my teacher said that both of his sonomas and my buddies sonoma are the same way, just seems kinda weird to me