S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Sea foam

Old October 24th, 2013, 2:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sea foam

HI,I was wondering if anybody has the product called sea foam that goes into your gas and what kind of results you may have gotten with it,thanks.
Old October 25th, 2013, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone, I've heard use it, say they have noticed improved performance. However, It can mask problems that may come back. So, My guess is that if you use it consistently as fuel plumbing preventive maintainance, have at it. But, if you use it to suddenly cure a hesitation issue or fuel economy reclaimer, it may mean that something is not functioning properly. Just my opinion. My cousin has used this many times, in his buy car, sell car for profit only, when gas has sat too long in a car and it will not run properly. Justing putting new gas in does not cure the weakened gasoline that can wreak havoc to a fuel system. Especially old naturally aspirated engines. Again, My opinion. BUt, I did sleep at Holiday Inn Express once! LOL Seriously, this is my honest experience. I've used it a few times as just a fuel system additive. There are so many companies that use different formula's in their gas, that using one bottle of sea foam to settle all the mixtures you have put in the tank seems to help keep mileage where it belongs. As long as the other components are functioning as designed.
Old October 25th, 2013, 1:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI,Douger,I have used in the past but its been awhile.
It appears these engines have a lot quirks to them as it seems people are prone to
replace almost all the sensors before you get these engines to run right,we are in going to replace the fuel filter this morning as we have about 2 days of use with the SEA FOAM additive in system before we put new filter on i thought i would use a plastic bottle to catch what may be in line from gas tank to see what may have come lose. We replaced ignition module because of the back firing and there is a TSB on
that problem no back firing now,there is no cold idle right now so that might be another sensor to look at,thanks
Old October 25th, 2013, 6:15 PM
CF Veteran

Default foam

i have a 1985 s-1- 2.8 ltr and i throw a can in every other tank it help's keep the carb cleaned out and to a certin extent help's the milage .
Old October 25th, 2013, 8:02 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I would agree with what everyone above has said... I use Chevron's Techron every 10th fill up or so... Using recommended "top tier" fuels Top Tier Gasoline will also help with maintaining the fuel system...
I use Shell gasolines myself (also one of the top tier fuels)
Old October 26th, 2013, 6:56 AM
CF Beginner

I've used it quite a bit, mainly in chainsaws, lawn mowers and farm tractors. It does seem to clean out the fuel system if you leave it sit in the tank a day or two before running the engine.
Old October 26th, 2013, 8:05 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Polydorus Welcome to the forum...

Do keep in mind that Seafoam contains alcohol, so using it too much in older systems may affect rubber components. (almost all fuel additives contain alcohol though)