S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

p0300 Mystery

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately you really are going to need a professional to look at it. It would have cost you less to let someone else diag it. It would be almost impossible that you messing with the outside of the fuel filter would cause this problem. Now you have your original problem with the possibility of a newer problem caused by defective or cheap or incorrect parts.
Old September 20th, 2012, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
Unfortunately you really are going to need a professional to look at it. It would have cost you less to let someone else diag it. It would be almost impossible that you messing with the outside of the fuel filter would cause this problem. Now you have your original problem with the possibility of a newer problem caused by defective or cheap or incorrect parts.
SOLVED.

I double checked the O2 voltage, then pulled the p0302. So I pulled the plug and it was indeed fouled. I cleaned her up, put er back in then pulled the upper intake manifild, pulled injector #2 and replaced it with an old one.

Misfire gone. No codes.

I dont go to mechanics. I do not trust them. I have to watch when they put tires on my trucks/cars too. When I was younger I dealt with a series of bad mechanics (as in liars, cheats and theives) and no longer take anything to any garage. I once knew a great, smart and trustworthy mechanic who chose another smart mechanic to take over running his shop's day to day routine. This new guy used his experience and skill to rip people off instead of treating them like he would want to be treated.No more shops for me. Ill buy the tools and equipment and do it myself, even if it means buying a few parts I dont need just yet.

The only exception would be a transmission shop. I'll R&R an engine or tranny, and do everything else too, myself.