S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Please help me !!!!

Old September 5th, 2012, 7:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me !!!!

I need everyones advice on this please. I have a 95 Chevy s10 pick up 4.3 vin z. I have this weird problem that no one can seem to figure out.the truck starts up perfect. The truck idles perfect. I put the truck in gear works perfect. If I drive the truck like a 100 year old lady and just ease the gas the entire time it works perfect. My problem is when I smash the gas to the floor the truck bogs out falls on its face and sputters and spits and hesitates. When I let off the gas it does not conk out it will idle fine.

I have replaced, plugs, wires, cap, roter, the entire distributor, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, fuel filter, both fuel injectors(tbi set up) fuel pressure regulator, throttle position sensor, idle air control value, temp sensors, cleaned the egr valve, ignition coil, cut the exhaust before the cat to check if it was clogged, the purge valve for the emissions system. None of this did anything I'm at a complete loss. If anyone has any idea what to check please let me no ill try anything ha.

Thanks in advance
Old September 5th, 2012, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

have you checked or replaced the mass air flow sensor? i had a similiar problem on my maxima. it was a bad air flow sensor. same issues you are describing. it would start and idle great. would run if i barely touched the gas and if i gave it very much gas it would sputter and die.

just my thoughts.
Old September 5th, 2012, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks but this vehicle has no mass air flow sensor.
Old September 5th, 2012, 8:06 PM
CF Beginner

Well that answers that. No air flow sensor??? It sure sounds like an air problem.
Old September 5th, 2012, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Nope none at all. Older vehicles didn't have them.
Old September 5th, 2012, 8:14 PM
CF Beginner

Well I'm fairly mechanically inclined but being that I'm only 22 I was only five when your blazer came out! . So I don't have a lot of knowledge on older cars.
Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck with finding your solution. When you figure it out post up what it was for future reference.
Old September 6th, 2012, 6:15 AM
CF Beginner

Does it have any codes? Had a c1500 a couple weeks ago that had a bad ignition module in the distributor doing the same thing.
Old September 6th, 2012, 6:53 AM
CF Beginner

No that's the weird part no codes what so ever. And the hole distributor is new along with everything that has to do with ignition