S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Bad Vibes from front passenger!

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2009, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Vibes from front passenger!

'99 Blazer 4x4 2dr

I'm almost positive it's my bearing/hup assembly on my front passenger side that sounds like I stuck a steel baseball card in the spoke of my bike. It's also vibrating the car, much higher frequency than an unbalanced tire. Anybody want to confirm before i throw down for the new part!?

This is my first project. Next is flushing the heater core, then finding out why it loves to go into 4 wheel drive but not out!

Thanks!
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaber99
'99 Blazer 4x4 2dr

I'm almost positive it's my bearing/hup assembly on my front passenger side that sounds like I stuck a steel baseball card in the spoke of my bike. It's also vibrating the car, much higher frequency than an unbalanced tire. Anybody want to confirm before i throw down for the new part!?

This is my first project. Next is flushing the heater core, then finding out why it loves to go into 4 wheel drive but not out!

Thanks!
You stated 99 4X4 2DR... then the next line stated Bearing/HUB Assembly
confusing to me, but having had both verison of the Blazer, I understand the different.

1. It would be the Axle bearing on a 4x4 (New bearing and packing $50 to $100 if you do it yourself.

2. It would be the HUB Assemble on a RWD. (about $250 to $300 for replacement part)

I would also recommend you check your engine mount on that side for wear and failure.

But it does sound like the bearing is your issue. I had a 2001 Blazer blow the front bear in the HUB and it made the same sound. Replaced the whole hub with just a few hand tools in the parking loot of my apartments, took about 1 hour.