S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Lost the BCM, can I still bypass passlock 2?

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2023, 11:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lost the BCM, can I still bypass passlock 2?

Hello,

My Dad and I are working on a project, it's a 1952 Chevy body swapped onto a rolled 2001 S10 chassis with the 4.3 V6 automatic that ran and drove to where it sits.

The 52 body is on and we just finished the wiring and wanted to fire it up. It turns out my dad threw out the BCM since majority of the wires to it were for things like power locks or power windows, that we don't need anymore!

I'm familiar with the passlock 2 system, and have bypassed it using the fuse between the yellow and ground to add remote starters to other trucks. Now with the BCM gone forever, adding a fuse or any other sort of bypass won't work since the reference voltage in the red wire and the systems programming is lost with the BCM. The red wire was cut at the BCM connector.

The truck starts and runs fine if you prime it. If you try to start it on it's own, it may fire for 1 second and then die. Classic passlock symptoms according to my research

So my question is, what happens after the BCM? Some research indicates the passlock system was cutting out the fuel pump. So I hotwired the fuel pump, and that didn't solve the problem. Is there something else going on in the system, maybe a signal to the fuel spider? We've now got a new fuel pump and spider, and with a gauge see 50 psi of fuel at the engine.

Cheers
Old February 2nd, 2023, 8:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

find a performance shop that does pcm tuning and have them tune out the theft system.
Old February 3rd, 2023, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

Is it possible to find out what the PCM was looking for from the BCM? A certain voltage input or ground on a wire?
Old June 2nd, 2023, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passloc bypass

Originally Posted by dhillgard
Hello,

My Dad and I are working on a project, it's a 1952 Chevy body swapped onto a rolled 2001 S10 chassis with the 4.3 V6 automatic that ran and drove to where it sits.

The 52 body is on and we just finished the wiring and wanted to fire it up. It turns out my dad threw out the BCM since majority of the wires to it were for things like power locks or power windows, that we don't need anymore!

I'm familiar with the passlock 2 system, and have bypassed it using the fuse between the yellow and ground to add remote starters to other trucks. Now with the BCM gone forever, adding a fuse or any other sort of bypass won't work since the reference voltage in the red wire and the systems programming is lost with the BCM. The red wire was cut at the BCM connector.

The truck starts and runs fine if you prime it. If you try to start it on it's own, it may fire for 1 second and then die. Classic passlock symptoms according to my research

So my question is, what happens after the BCM? Some research indicates the passlock system was cutting out the fuel pump. So I hotwired the fuel pump, and that didn't solve the problem. Is there something else going on in the system, maybe a signal to the fuel spider? We've now got a new fuel pump and spider, and with a gauge see 50 psi of fuel at the engine.

Cheers
if u take the orange and yellow ignition wire that goes to ur ignition switch aka ur key cylinder wire them together and run a security reset key on for ten min off for ten seconds three time should start and stay running
Old June 5th, 2023, 9:23 PM
CF Beginner

Hi Cow0609,

This wouldn't work since the third wire (red) to the BCM was cut and therefore had no reference voltage.

The solution was to take the PCM to a local tuner who programmed it to not need the security system.

Starts, runs and drives good now
The following users liked this post:
tech2 (June 7th, 2023)