S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

service engine light

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2013, 8:45 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default service engine light

hi guys ! i have a 95 chevy blazer, 4.3, 4x4 ! the ( service engine light ) comes on sometimes and stays on and then sometimes it don,t come on when i am driving ! i took it to the garage and they ran a test on it and said there is no history at all in the computer ! in other words they said there are no codes at all coming up ! they told me it might be something like a leaking vacuum hose or it needs a good tune-up ! the gas cap is fitting tight so can i rule it out ? when it,s on it don,t effect the running of the car and i have power on the road but i do have a slight miss sitting and idling but not on the road ! i just bought this car last monday so i haven,t had time to work on it and the weather has been too cold ! auto zone or advance said they can,t check it because they don,t have the tester to hook up to it ! i appreciate your thoughts on this matter and thanks for your time !
Old March 1st, 2013, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only think I can think or would be if you have gauges in it to keep and eye on your oil pressure, not sure if it has a check gauges light or if it uses the check engine light to tell you to check them.
Old March 1st, 2013, 12:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you think you might have a vacuum leak spray carb cleaner all around the intake & vacuum hoses. If there is a leak you will notice a change in the way its running.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:47 AM
CF Beginner

Well now that you say that I will have to try that On the issue I have posted on here. 4.3L help Im lost.. I will try that tomorrow as well seeing if anything changes to see if I have a vacuum leak. thanks for the Idea!!
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:24 PM
CF Beginner

From my experience the only time the codes come up is when the check engine light is on. it might be a fouled plug. smog pump who knows... but check it when the light is lit...

Chris537