S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Should I buy this Jimmy?

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2015, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy this Jimmy?

Hey guys, new here...hope I dont get too much **** for posting about a GMC :P
Anyways, I am thinking about getting this 1996 gmc jimmy for the winter. It is a one owner vehicle and the owner is a GM master tech. It has 250,000 miles which kind of scares me, but then again i see some for sale with 300,000 plus! It is starting to show some minor rust on the doors and above the 3rd brake light..although it was coated at a Ziebarts when new. The owner is a good friend of a friend so i trust everything he says...oil changes every 3000, trans serviced every 30000, new delco fuel pump about 4 years ago. Loaded with every option and they all work. Interior is mint. He wants $1600 for it. What do you guys think? Engine purs and no problems but the mileage kinda scares me :/ What do you guys think? thanks!
Old October 2nd, 2015, 8:22 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are talking about a 20 year old vehicle...250K = 12.5K/yr

In my area $1600 for that condition would be a STEAL! When I was in high school the "transportation specials" were $750, now they are $1500 and that's for a real POS. I'd check what it should go for in your area first (CL for similar vehicles, kbb.com for their "value") and go from there.