S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Stuck In 4x4 - 1999 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2015, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck In 4x4 - 1999 Blazer

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I'm happy to be A new member of this community.

This is what I have going on: Stuck in 4wd

I have the 4 button switch, which means I have the NP8 transfer case. No Vacuum switch on the transfer case, I have the Solenoid on the firewall.

When I'm stuck in 4wd, all the buttons on the switch are lit up. I push any of them and there is no response, no noises, nothing. I can get out of 4wd by removing the 10 amp fuse on the drivers side panel. So Since I can get out of 4wd by pulling this fuse that means my vacuum actuator, solenoid, and encoder motor are all working correct?

Which makes me think I have a bad TCCM (Transfer Case Control Module).

Im going to try and find a you pull it and locate A used TCCM to see if that fixes the problem, but it's going to be about a week before I can do that. So in the meantime was wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this.

Thanks,

Kyle
Old November 15th, 2015, 6:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope I can help. We just went through this head ache about 6 weeks ago. I took it to a tranny shop and got screwed on the price of parts. First they said it was the TCCM and corroded wiring. they fixed that then said it was the accuator motor. Look for some you tube videos on how to diagnose the problem before you get carried away. There is a way you can bench test that motor.