S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Stutter under power

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2014, 8:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stutter under accelerated.

Originally Posted by drperry
The pressure seems go
od...

But it should definitely hold the pressure for longer than 2 seconds after the engine is shut off...

It could be the pump is slowly on its way out, as well... Especially if it's never been done.

I have a starter in my 2000 true Chevy Silverado
But definitely something wrong in the fuel system...

Hopefully someone with a more specific idea chimes in soon!

I have to track down random hesitation in mine... Which can apparently be a bad distributor drive gear! lol

I have a stutter on my 2002 chevy 4.3
Cut small plate out of coke can placed it under egr valve to cap it off and engine runs fine put new valve on still have issue reinstalled plate as patch will check wires next almost changed cats thinking they were bad
Changed cap rotor wires map sensor air filter cleaned maf sensor nothing helped till I blocked valve thought it was fuel problem too at first but have new fuel pump already YouTube have great trouble shooting vids too.

Last edited by roberthancock; May 30th, 2014 at 8:56 AM.
Old June 24th, 2014, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

before i spent any money on parts, i would put a can of seafoam in the tank and run that tank of gas out. That will clean up the fuel system for starters. Might fix the problem.
Old May 12th, 2015, 7:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Didn't work

Originally Posted by Turn this car around
Have you tried any mechanic in the can solutions.I would use some 44K or some sea foam to see if this helps you first.As a one time check you don't want to run it all the time.
I tried Sea Form right off the bat when this happened to mine. I got NO massive smoke blast which was concerning since it may mean something worse like the whole CMPI is shot, but it's weird, the car runs fine at speed, as everyone else said. I will try the poppet valve procedure (if it's different than Sea Form). When I had this before, the dealer convinced me to replace the CMPI versus cleaning. Not cheap.
Old September 12th, 2018, 12:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same exact issue with my 2000 Bravada as York describes. I would really like to know what the outcome was.
The following users liked this post:
James Baldwin (October 12th, 2019)