S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

timing help

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2013, 8:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default timing help

well i can get it to run but not right, i set it at tdc (compresson stroke) and then set dizzy to 1 and it wont start,

if i turn it a lil it will start so the dizzy has to be on 6 (and the engine set to tdc)and that puts my timing tab in between the timing marks.

then i plug in the wire in the pass side floor board, and then it seems to move the timing mark to were the first one is just after the timing tab.

i also checked and the CS pulley hasn't slipped or sheared off the key. and i changed the head gaskets, that's what got me here. its really funny, cause before, i had done the timing no prob.I just set it to the second timing mark, set dizzy to one cranked it and it fired right up i dont even remember setting it to the compression stroke honestly. but right now the compression stroke at tdc DOES NOT LINE UP TO A TIMING MARK, it sets me in between the 2 and it runs fine but it cranks wierd and sounds hard.

what do i do now?