S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Transmission HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2013, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission HELP!!!

I have a 2004 S-10 Blazer LS 4WD.
The transmission (4L60E) has been slipping for a while and i just haven't been able to save up enough to rebuild it. It is my daily driver and starting this morning, it will not engage in third...
Could someone point me in the right direction as to a detailed manual that would give me step by step instructions on removal, rebuild, and re-installation?
I cannot afford to have it rebuilt by someone else and I really don't know enough to just wing it.

Please help...
Old February 21st, 2014, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

removal is easy with a hoist. just remove both drive shafts, and then remove the 4 bolts for the tailstock on the transmission as it breaks easy.. remove the bolts for the transfer case and the connections for electricals and the vaccum lines. then pull it out. next remove the transmission coolant lines, passenger side of the tranny, then remove both the electrical connections one on each side of the transmission..

next remove the starter, and you need to take the 3 fly wheel bolts out through the starter hole. when you get them removed then you can start to take all the bellhousing bolts out.. I think there is 10. be careful when you remove the crossmember bar that supports the rear of the transmission because it will pull the engine back towards the firewall and possibly crack the distributer cap.. after that you can pull the transmission out and your good to go..
Old February 21st, 2014, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

your gonna need multible long 1/2 drive extentions to reach the bell housing bolts at the top of the transmission..