Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > S-10 & Blazer > S10 & Blazer DIY and Useful Threads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S10 & Blazer DIY and Useful Threads This section is strictly for frequently asked questions pertaining to S10s and Blazers.

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 04:16 PM

Default Rough Idle? Stalling out? Loss of Power? I may have the answer.

Hello all, I posted a question on this forum several months back asking why my 1997 S-10 w/ 2.2L4 had a rough idle and would stall out when stopped with the A/C compressor on. At the time, I received several possible answers from a clogged catalytic converter to a malfunctioning throttle position sensor. I finally took the truck to a local mechanic who ran a complete diagnostic on the truck and found that the number 4 cylinder spark plug was gas fouled. After much discussion, we determined that the culprit must be the number four injector that I had replaced several months back. I had replaced the stock injector with an off-brand, lifetime warranty injector from Auto Zone. My mechanic had noticed over the years that the only injectors that work properly in the 2.2L4 found in the S-10 and caviler is AC Delco. He didn't have an answer as to why this was, but as soon as I replaced the off-brand injector with an AC Delco, my problems cleared up immediately. So if your S-10 is running rough and you just changed injectors with off-brand equipment, that may be your problem.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Administrator
Ride of the Month
April 2009
2000 Chevrolet Blazer
My Garage

Send a message via ICQ to EvansBlue Send a message via AIM to EvansBlue

Thanks for the info.

<br>
Old 01-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Great example of "You get what you pay for"
Thanks for the info!

If you have a question, ask it in the forums. I will no longer be answering questions sent to my email.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:59 PM
CF Beginner

My 98 s10 2.2 starts fine but back fires and idels like its runing on two plugs . It started about a month a go every time it raind now its realy bad cant even drive it just no power when i give it gas
Old 10-14-2011, 03:13 AM
CF Beginner

Angry 1992 GMC Jimmy,has loss of power,stalls,and speedometer problems

I have a 1992 GMC Jimmy.My speedometer usually runs normal,but every once in a while the speedometer will just start acting really crazy.Last week the speedometer started acting up and @ the same time there was a total loss of power,and the truck would stall.No clue what the problem is.The fuel filter was suspected so we changed that out,along with cap and rotor,no luck.Someone mentioned the O2 sensor,and someone else said the carburator.I need help bad!!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:54 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

do you think injector cleaners work i have tried some but really can't tell
Old 11-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

They do, but work better as a preventative rather then a fix... meaning if you use them regularly you will get the most out of them... if you haven't and are now having injector issues it might be time to have them professionally cleaned...
Old 06-27-2013, 04:43 PM
CF Beginner

sorry to ask a dumb question most likely in the wrong spot, but i just bought a 98 s10 with the 2.2l4 and the previous owner said he had fuel pressure issues with the truck, but at random intervals, mabey every day or mabey not at all for weeks, he was told it was the pump/sending unit and purchased one but never installed it on the truck, i plan on installing it myself, but i was wondering if there could be another problem, ie fuel pressure sensor? or mabey something else, also is there downloadable pdf's on repair manuals? thank you and sorry for the post in the wrong spot
Old 09-28-2013, 04:15 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

try changing the cap and wires
Old 10-07-2013, 08:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stalling out

HI,My son just bought a 94 gmc w/4.3 and we started having problems with stalling,back firing and such.
There's a TSB about the ignition module might check this out.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:02 PM

Tags
1997, 2001, blazer, camaro, chevy, idle, loss, power, rough, s10, stall, stalling, stalls, sudden, wont