Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

Cladded Avalanche with Ranch Hand Bumper

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2015, 8:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Cladded Avalanche with Ranch Hand Bumper

So, I'm new here so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section, but I wanted to talk about my truck.
I am the Very proud owner of a 2003 Avalanche Z71. I get this truck in the beginning of July of this year (2015). It was basically completely stock other than a set of 275/70/17 tires that were but on a few months before I got it.
I live in the country and work at night, so most of the time when I'm awake, it's dark. I fixed that with 55w HIDs in the low's, and hi's and I did the 4 HI mod where low beams stayed on when I switched to high beam. This was bright, but I wanted more. Then came the 42in LED lightbar.

This was the truck not to long after I bought it. Just after I had installed the lightbar

So, 210w of HIDs and a 240w lightbar on top. You would think I would have seen the deer I hit a few weeks later, but no.... $4,000 in damage.

I had been doing a lot of research on steel bumper replacements after this and I confronted the body shop with a task... Use the ~$700 they were going to put the stock bumper back on, and get a Ranch Hand Summit. They agreed.
The thing to remember though is Ranch Hand DOES NOT make a bolt on bumper for a Cladded Avalanche. Only for uncladded or "without body hardware"... the body is different on the front and the lines are different, but they are still similar. I told them to get one for a silverado and make it work. This is the result...

This thing weighs almost 300lbs. I wanted to get a leveling kit before, but I NEED one now. Anyway, that;s a bit about my truck. if you have any Questions, feel free to ask!

Here's some more pics:

Old September 3rd, 2015, 3:00 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharp looking one man, nice! I figured nocturnal persons are awesome..