Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

Clicking sound driver side

Search this Thread

Old October 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking sound driver side

I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado 4X4 with a 6in lift. I have been experiencing a clicking noise that when I accelerate it goes faster and when I slow down it slows and stops when not accelerating. I just had the lift kit checked and adjusted cv joints were replaced on both sides. I advised the techs of the sound it was making and was told it was the cap on the driver side wheel. Well its NOT.. It is an annoying sound that seems to be louder in the inside of the truck than outside when i have the windows down from the driver side. I can almost feel the clicking vibration on the floor board from driver side. It seems louder in the cold mornings than later in the hotter day. What could this be? I spent close to $1,000 on cv replacement adjustments and alignment, and my clicking noise was NOT FIXED! I prefer to do it myself! HELP!
Old October 5th, 2013, 4:15 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

lavela,

Did you have your GM dealership look into this concern? If you would like dealership assistance with determining the cause of this noise, please do not hesitate to reach out. You can private message us your name, VIN, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care