Show Off Central Come right in and post pictures of your ride, latest modifications, etc. All makes and models welcome!

GM is full of slackers. No go getters.

Old February 10th, 2017, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM is full of slackers. No go getters.

This is a rant.. To start with i Love GM, my father has only ever owned General Motors Vehicles. My current car is a 09' Cobalt SS Turbo.. Great car even with the recall, thats not the issue here..
I cant be the only customer out here who wants Chevrolet to be out here to Dominate these markets and competitors in the performance division... Dodge and Ford are doing great things along the lines of performance; Ford has the SHO Taurus ( or did), Ford Focus ST, Focus RS, Fiesta ST, Raptors and now the new Fusion sport that puts down great power through AWD.. Round of applause on their part. But where is Chevy to compete with any of it.. Year they have their Camaro SS, Camaro ZL1, and Corvettes.. but wheres the fun, where the true performance division.. Pre- bankruptcy GM slapped an SS badge on just about every car they produced. Impala, HHR, Trailblazer, Malibu, Cobalt, Silverado.. they were cheaply produced but great cars non the less..

Not only does chevy lack in the competitive markets.. even when it does finally catch up.. its just being a follower, no idea they have had is original. Ford and Dodge are at least 3 steps ahead.. Dodge Hellcats, Grand Cherokee SRT, 300 SRT.. and soon coming SRT DURANGO, and Dodge Demon..

Thats exciting, that gives their brand something to brag about.. Yeah dodge is doing away with the Viper, a V10 engine just isnt competitive in todays market of smaller displacement engines and forced induction.. is a matter of eefficiency and production costs.. All good calls in my opinion..

Whats the goal for GM, whats the direction. Maybe they have a few irons in the fire that we dont know about.. but who knows..

Disclaimer*** this is my opinion.. feel free to share yours.
Old February 11th, 2017, 1:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

What do you want to see them do; a performance entry level car?

the s/c cobalts were good, the turbo cobalts were fantastic. they still offer a 2.0 turbo but its in a buick.

Entry level right now; ford is in the lead. Entry level performance dodge doesn't offer much either. the multiair dart is only 185ish hp. the Chrysler 200 with the 3.8 is fantastic but its being dropped due to poor sales. Fiat has some cool models in Europe...maybe they will let dodge sell them in NA.
Old February 11th, 2017, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
What do you want to see them do; a performance entry level car?

the s/c cobalts were good, the turbo cobalts were fantastic. they still offer a 2.0 turbo but its in a buick.

Entry level right now; ford is in the lead. Entry level performance dodge doesn't offer much either. the multiair dart is only 185ish hp. the Chrysler 200 with the 3.8 is fantastic but its being dropped due to poor sales. Fiat has some cool models in Europe...maybe they will let dodge sell them in NA.
Id like to see them match the competition at the least, or bring some vehicle out that is in a class of its own, in a market where Ford and Dodge.. even Japanese or European manufactures havnt touched on.. or if something outside of the box isnt an option then improve greatly on what they are already making.. and yes in terms of a performance model of pre-existing cars.. They have a cruze RS, simple marketing scheme.. Slap an SS on it and give it 300hp+.. AWD and call it a day..
It appears their focus has been on efficency and comfort.. Not so much performance or aggressive styling.. With their introduction of the Sonic and the cruze around 2012, their styling was great. The vehicle line up was good.. Come 2017 with the exception of the Vette and the Camaro.. nearly every design they are trying to create looks like sh**..

I cant be the only person who they could market these type if performance vehicles too.. theyre missing out!
Old February 12th, 2017, 3:19 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought Chevy was going to come out with a new 2dr Cruze (?)
...instead, they introduce a station wagon haha ok
Old February 12th, 2017, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
I thought Chevy was going to come out with a new 2dr Cruze (?)
...instead, they introduce a station wagon haha ok
I have no clue what Chevy has planned.. Looking around you see the New Redlines trim vehicles.. Malibu, Cruze, and all the others.. Im not sure what stationwagon you are refering too.. Maybe Chevys answer to the Hothatch market with the cruze.. Their sad attempt to compete with the performance and good looks go the Focus RS.
Old February 13th, 2017, 2:50 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy_Enthusiast23
I have no clue what Chevy has planned.. Looking around you see the New Redlines trim vehicles.. Malibu, Cruze, and all the others.. Im not sure what stationwagon you are refering too.. Maybe Chevys answer to the Hothatch market with the cruze.. Their sad attempt to compete with the performance and good looks go the Focus RS.
oh haha Cruze hatchback... same thing.

Search this Thread