Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:17 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue

Old July 16th, 2010, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue

I have a 2008 Silverado LT, 2WD, 5.3L. A couple days ago I got into the truck to leave and noticed the radio sounded weird. I thought it was just a problem with the XM. I checked the balance and fade and everything was set right. I moved it to the front speakers only and realized that the front door speakers weren't working. Then they started coming on and going off on their own. I also have a cruise control problem, namely it doesn't work anymore. I'm starting to wonder if I have some wiring issues. Its hard for me to believe that there should be too many issues with the radio wiring.
Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
Boyd Hall (July 8th, 2020)
Old August 26th, 2011, 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem. I can tap my brake and it will let my cruse work sometimes. Did you ever hear anything about this??
Old August 27th, 2011, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by crwalker2
I have a 2008 Silverado LT, 2WD, 5.3L. A couple days ago I got into the truck to leave and noticed the radio sounded weird. I thought it was just a problem with the XM. I checked the balance and fade and everything was set right. I moved it to the front speakers only and realized that the front door speakers weren't working. Then they started coming on and going off on their own. I also have a cruise control problem, namely it doesn't work anymore. I'm starting to wonder if I have some wiring issues. Its hard for me to believe that there should be too many issues with the radio wiring.
Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same radio problem on 06. I don't know if it's the radio or speakers. I'm going to try new speakers,got my fingers crossed that's all it is.
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

On my 2008 Silverado, the radio works with no bass or you get the feeling that there are some speakers not working> I also turn up the volume all the way and it sounds like 25% of my Toyota. I sounds music with no bass.

I tested each speaker 1-by-1 and all works. I also turned off the "Auto-Volume" with no luck.

While driving, suddenly I get bass, the music start to sound good and the volume gets hard that I have to turn it down a lil bit.

Anyway similar occurrence...?
Old August 29th, 2011, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Yes my speakers start working randomly. It started with just my drivers side speaker and now it's both front speakers. Sometimes as soon as I get back in, after them both not working, they will be working. And sometimes they will just start working while driving. Normally the passenger side then the drivers side if at all. At which now I run the risk of being that guy driving down the road with my blinker on since the sound works through the drivers side speaker. I've tried moving wires around throughout the dash to the speakers. I tried unplugging all the connections with no changes.
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Have you tried to contact the dealership? They will be able to test and diagnose the vehicle and see what the problem may be. Let me know how it goes there.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Assistance
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:17 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Breanne:

They already know they can take it to a dealer and pay $100 an hour but they are trying to avoid this. Now if you could do some research and find the usual causes for this that would be helpful.
Old September 4th, 2011, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

wow, im having same problem, guess no one has the answer eh?
Old September 4th, 2011, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

i have the same problem with my 08... it started about 6 months ago with the passenger speaker not working and then went to the drivers side as well. every once in awhile ill hit a bump or something and it will kick on. sounds to me like chevy needs to recall this problem......
Old December 23rd, 2011, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Speakers 08 3500

I had 2 working and now none. Only ones working on my 08 are the tiny ones by the windshield. Sounds like a tin can. Any ideas?
The following users liked this post:
Adressler (September 14th, 2021)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado Radio/Speakers issue