Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Old August 30th, 2011, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control

Every time I start my '07 Burban (even sitting at idle) the bell starts chiming and the triangle sign and the warning reads "service stabilitrak" then "traction control (off)" activates within a few seconds. This keeps going on and off as I am driving and when its in the off position the trans shifts gears very hard. Looking trough the "www.chevroletforum.com" site, I can see that this had been a problem in the past with 2003 and up, and there are many people talking about this issue with their trucks, but I have not come across anyone who can give the answer on how to resolve this problem. HELP!!!

Thank you!
The following 6 users liked this post by gilstone:
Joegorman07 (July 13th, 2019), Mateen El (April 22nd, 2020), mizzgould (August 6th, 2021), rcorn1031 (October 2nd, 2020), Ross Booker (May 29th, 2020), tmoore8601 (August 26th, 2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old January 1st, 2012, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Svc Stabilitrack and Traction off can't get to engage

I am having the same problem except my truck isn't shifting rough and it only does it when you are stopped. My stabilitrack is off and my traction is off. They turned off on their own. I can not get them to reingage. While driving the light doesnt come on and the message goes away. It is only when I am stopped and start going again. Yesterday, it jerked like it was engaging only once each time i stopped. Please let me know if you have any ideas of how to fix this problem.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 9:10 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

StabiliTrak Indicator Light: If the warning light does not come on then, have it fixed so it will be ready to warn you if there is a problem. If it stays on, or comes on when you are driving, there may be a problem with your StabiliTrak system and your vehicle may need service. When this warning light is on, the system is off and will not limit wheel spin. Adjust your driving accordingly.

This light will also flash when the StabiliTrak system is active. If the StabiliTrak system warning light comes on and stays on for an extended period of time when the system is turned on, your vehicle needs service.

The traction control part of StabiliTrak can be turned off by pressing and releasing the StabiliTrak button if both systems (traction control and StabiliTrak) were previously on. To disable both traction control and StabiliTrak, press and hold the button for five seconds.

Traction control and StabiliTrak can be turned on by pressing and releasing the StabiliTrak button if not automatically shut off for any other reason.

When the TCS or StabiliTrak system is turned off, the StabiliTrak light and the appropriate TCS off or StabiliTrak off message will be displayed on the DIC to warn the driver. Your vehicle will still have brake-traction control when traction control is off, but will not be able to use the engine speed management system.

If the StabiliTrak and/or Traction Control are not operating properly, I encourage you to take your vehicle in for inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.
The following 3 users liked this post by Chevrolet Customer Service:
Kimberly McLaren (January 27th, 2020), Mateen El (April 22nd, 2020), Renae Jordan McCoy (February 14th, 2021)
Old January 3rd, 2012, 9:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had this happen a few times. Once was because the intake tube where it attaches to the throttle body was not on there secure enough. Another time it's because I accidentally unplugged one of the connections over the rear driver side shock when I replaced the shocks. The other time the Throttle Body needed to be replaced which apparently is a common problem with these 07-12 full size trucks.
The following 2 users liked this post by 91Caprice:
Davo (October 31st, 2023), Mateen El (April 22nd, 2020)
Old February 12th, 2012, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2011 chevy silverado stabiltrack issues

im having issues with my 2011 chevy silverado stabiltrack and abs warning lights coming on whe the temperatur is below zero. if is shut it off it seems to reset , should i have it checked out , onlys seems to do it when its very cold.
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
StabiliTrak Indicator Light: If the warning light does not come on then, have it fixed so it will be ready to warn you if there is a problem. If it stays on, or comes on when you are driving, there may be a problem with your StabiliTrak system and your vehicle may need service. When this warning light is on, the system is off and will not limit wheel spin. Adjust your driving accordingly.

This light will also flash when the StabiliTrak system is active. If the StabiliTrak system warning light comes on and stays on for an extended period of time when the system is turned on, your vehicle needs service.

The traction control part of StabiliTrak can be turned off by pressing and releasing the StabiliTrak button if both systems (traction control and StabiliTrak) were previously on. To disable both traction control and StabiliTrak, press and hold the button for five seconds.

Traction control and StabiliTrak can be turned on by pressing and releasing the StabiliTrak button if not automatically shut off for any other reason.

When the TCS or StabiliTrak system is turned off, the StabiliTrak light and the appropriate TCS off or StabiliTrak off message will be displayed on the DIC to warn the driver. Your vehicle will still have brake-traction control when traction control is off, but will not be able to use the engine speed management system.

If the StabiliTrak and/or Traction Control are not operating properly, I encourage you to take your vehicle in for inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

So I have had my ST light, Check Engine light and my TC Off light come on so many times that I can't remember. I have an 07 Tahoe LT. I have taken to the dealer at least 4 differnt times. The first and maybe the second time it was still inder warrenty but it wasn't covered. The third time I spent about 600$...this last time no charge because they "felt" bad that I kept having the problem and that was 4 weeks ago and the lights have all come on again this morning. The transmission shifts so hard and it feels as if I'm losing power. On my last visit...the dealer tells me that it was cause by the Gas that I'm putting into my car. He says that computer says that I have too much "alcohol" in my gas tank and that I should stick to one gas station so that my car dosn't get confused. Or if I have to get gas at another station, to drive my car at least 7 miles so that it has time to recognize the change. I use regular gas mainly bought from Kroger Fuel Center. This sounds crazy to me. Well, I have done as instructed and my lights are on again. This is not just frustrating but scary when I have to deal with it. Especially when I have an toddler in the car.
The following 2 users liked this post by Julia Garcia:
Chimpo (July 9th, 2019), normzie72 (June 26th, 2022)
Old February 13th, 2012, 3:29 PM
Official GM Rep

walleye hunter,

I would suggest you take the vehicle in for an inspection. Although the vehicle can still be driven without Stabilitrak, it would be best to make sure everything is alright.

Please keep us posted. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 13th, 2012, 7:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Julia Garcia,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration with your Tahoe. Has your dealer been able to duplicate this problem? Does the transmission only shift hard/lose power when the TC light is on? Do the warning lights stay on or do they come on intermittently? Have you had any aftermarket equipment added to the vehicle (i.e. different size wheels/tires, etc.)?

Could you please PM me your vehicle VIN number so I may research your vehicle further. I may be able to provide additional information.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
The following 2 users liked this post by Chevrolet Customer Service:
Divina Torres (June 20th, 2020), normzie72 (June 26th, 2022)
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default Traction Control Warning Causing Hard shifting!!

Has anyone figured out this root cause for the traction control warning coming on, causing the transmission to shift very HARD? Has anyone had the problem resolved? What was done to fix it and how much was the total repairs? the Service Traction control warning on my 2007 Avalanche has appeared twice in the last 30 days, causing the truck to shift out hard into 2nd gear. I run the truck off and back on and it shifts out fine. This also happened once last year, but didnt happen again until last month.

What did you do to fix this issue, and how much did it cost???
Old March 26th, 2012, 5:57 PM
Official GM Rep

bmelson,

I encourage you to have your vehicle inspected by a certified technician. This issue may be occurring due to a yaw/lateral sensor circuit. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. A certified technician will be able to offer additional information, and repair options, after a physical inspection of the vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP - Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control