Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Park Assist Off No Stereo No OnStar No Turn Signal Sound

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2014, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Park Assist Off No Stereo No OnStar No Turn Signal Sound

These evening I got back in the Suburban after leaving the grocery store. I got the PARK ASSIST OFF message on the DIC. I cleared the message and then tried to turn Park Assist back on. It would NOT turn back on. The light would flash (on the button). I tried turning the 'Burb off and restart. . .that didn't work. I got out and made sure that sensors were clean (I had just washed it yesterday). They were clear and clean. I decided to go ahead and drive home. Now I realize I have NO TURN SIGNAL SOUND. The stereo will not turn on and even OnStar wouldn't work. I got home and did a little google search and didn't find anything really relative or a solution. I called the dealership and they told me to come in on Monday morning and they would look at it. That's not really the way I roll. . . LOL. . So I thought about it a while and decided that a little system reset couldn't hurt. I went out and disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, reconnected it and voila' all is back to normal. If I have this issue again I will post here again.
If you have had this issue also please let us know what your solution was.

Last edited by September; November 14th, 2014 at 9:06 PM.
Old November 14th, 2014, 9:26 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Disconnecting the battery is the Control, Alt, Delete for the truck.
Old September 26th, 2016, 10:35 AM
CF Beginner

Hello everybody, I have the same problem but disconnecting the battery didn't fix it. So I am thinking maybe I have a burned fuse because I forget to turn off or unplug my power inverter and it was running over night. the next day we had all those problems when we started the car.
the chevy dealer wants to put a new radio and said fixing your radio would cost way more than putting a new radio. they already charged me $95 just to look at it and say you need a new radio. Any advice? thanks a lot.
Old September 27th, 2016, 6:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I get the same thing from time to time, and I've become numb to the issue when it occurs. I just go about my business, and then usually the next time I turn the car off and come back to it after running an errand, it will almost always correct itself.

My Tahoe, has a few electrical gremlins, especially when it comes to jump starting it when the battery dies. When my battery dies for whatever reason my "engine hours" resets itself to zero. lol!

Even recently when I was installing my new batteries in my Tahoe, once I got them connected there was no time showing up on the radio, just the colon to seperate the time, and after multiple times of disconnection both neg. terminals did the time show up so I could change it to the correct time.

Suburban 2013, how long did you leave the battery disconnected? how many times have you tried disconnecting the battery? does your radio get power at all? does it still work as normal?
Old September 27th, 2016, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

Hello, thanks for the reply, i disconnected the battery only one time for 10 minutes but the radio still doesn't turn on, park assist is off and blinker's sound doesn't work. it sounds like if I fix the radio, everything should go back to normal. i just don't know what's wrong with the radio.
Do you think i should disconnect the battery longer than 10 mn many times? thanks for your help.
Old September 28th, 2016, 10:02 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Suburban 2013
Hello, thanks for the reply, i disconnected the battery only one time for 10 minutes but the radio still doesn't turn on, park assist is off and blinker's sound doesn't work. it sounds like if I fix the radio, everything should go back to normal. i just don't know what's wrong with the radio.
Do you think i should disconnect the battery longer than 10 mn many times? thanks for your help.
if it was my issue, i would try it for a few more times, 10 mins is plenty i feel like. if you're confident enough, i would also look into maybe taking the radio out myself, its not too difficult, and just check the radio connections, maybe even take a whiff thru the CD slot of the radio and smell for anything that may smell like something burned up.

There are vids on youtube on how to remove the radio. Is it safe to assume you're out of warranty?

I wonder if its possible for the radio to need activation? Not real sure how that type of thing works. I have heard of other folks replacing the same radio we have and they need the dealer to do something to the radio and/or vehicle so that the radio gets recognized? don't hold me to that statement, though.

Last edited by Typerod; September 28th, 2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old September 28th, 2016, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your reply. I think I agree with you about taking the radio out and try to see what's wrong with it. I don't have warranty anymore anyway. will let you guys know Thanks for your help.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 9:25 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Typerod
I get the same thing from time to time, and I've become numb to the issue when it occurs. I just go about my business, and then usually the next time I turn the car off and come back to it after running an errand, it will almost always correct itself.

My Tahoe, has a few electrical gremlins, especially when it comes to jump starting it when the battery dies. When my battery dies for whatever reason my "engine hours" resets itself to zero. lol!

Even recently when I was installing my new batteries in my Tahoe, once I got them connected there was no time showing up on the radio, just the colon to seperate the time, and after multiple times of disconnection both neg. terminals did the time show up so I could change it to the correct time.

Suburban 2013, how long did you leave the battery disconnected? how many times have you tried disconnecting the battery? does your radio get power at all? does it still work as normal?

I got caught but one of those gremlins the other day, for what ever reason the battery will run down from time to time but since I've installed the AGM battery I am less likely to notice it as the vehicle has always started but apparently the other day it ran down just enough to reset the ECM and reset the State OBD checks, so when I went in to get a state inspection, if failed for emissions checks because the EVAP and O2 test hadn't be completed yet... arg! now I have to keep checking it to see when they are all complete to take it back in and get the inspection signed off.... I am keeping my battery on a maintainer just so it doesn't accidentally do it again before I can get it completed...

I did notice that when it ran down the transmission shifted very harshly but cured its self on the drive home as the battery charged back up... why or what discharged it, I don't know but the AGM seems to be handling it much better then the traditional battery...

'
Old October 2nd, 2016, 9:33 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Suburban 2013
Thanks for your reply. I think I agree with you about taking the radio out and try to see what's wrong with it. I don't have warranty anymore anyway. will let you guys know Thanks for your help.
No problem! Heres a link to a decent video explaining how to remove the radio:

Good luck!
Old October 2nd, 2016, 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks Typerod

Quick Reply: Park Assist Off No Stereo No OnStar No Turn Signal Sound