Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Need help with 2015 sonic

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2016, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 2015 sonic

I have a 2015 sonic that has a code for the ambient air temp sensor . The sensor is supposed to be in the grill but it is not there and neither is the pigtail . I have a new sensor and pigtail but I am unable to find where the pigtail attaches to the harness . I pulled the harness out and cut it open near the horn ,fog lamp (unused ) ,headlight area and found nothing . Someone with a 2012 said that was where his plugged in . His horn was on the drivers side mine is on the passenger side . So if someone with a 2015 LT non turbo could follow the ambient air sensor harness to where it enters the harness I would be eternally grateful .
Old August 27th, 2016, 12:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The harness hangs down from the right front frame behind the bumper and connects to the sensor pig tail at the far right side of the bumper cover. The pigtail goes back to right side of the lower grill and the sensor. To relearn the sensor drive freeway speed a few miles or key off over night. AC won't work without sensor learn.
Old August 27th, 2016, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply . When you say the right side do you mean passenger or drivers side . I pulled up the harness on the passenger side and found nothing. when you say far right how far right near the headlight or closer to the side of the radiator ?