Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

ABS issue

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2016, 12:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ABS issue

2007 2500HD W/T. 6.0. Truck in my signature.

Since before i blew my original engine, my ABS light has been on. At first it was for my left front wheel speed sensor. Wasn't to worried because I need to swap the hub out for the 2nd time, Moog has gone downhill. Well, when it came to inspection time, I ran my codes at Oreillys, knowing I had one P engine code. Well, the scanner kicked out 13 codes, one P the rest U, meaning my ABS system. I am assuming my ABS controller is fried, am I correct that my ABS controller is a part of my parking brake assembly in the cab? Or do I have some weird, oddball stuff going on? Which would be on par with this white devil of a truck. I'll try to update with the true codes soon. Don't know if I will be able to get my buddys HPtuner, or to Oreillys first.
Old September 26th, 2016, 7:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

U codes are undefined codes that deal with loss of communication in networked can bus systems. Abs codes are part of the chassis system and will therefore be C codes.
If you want to address the u codes, post the code and the module the code set in.
If the codes are stored history dtc, clear all the codes and address any that reset.