Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Intermitant Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2016, 8:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermitant Cruise Control

Anyone experience this with your Cruise Control?
So it's been 1 year since I replaced the fuses, brake light switch and turn signal/wiper/cruise stem on the steering wheel and still no Cruise Control which had always worked fine. However, last Sunday I hooked up a U-Haul Trailer to move some stuff across town and the damn green Cruise Control light lit up when I pressed the button and the Cruise worked perfectly. Once I turned the U-Haul back in the Cruise is not working again. I thought maybe the 7-pin adapter I used to plug in the 4-pin connector for the trailer lights somehow triggered the Cruise circuit to work. So I plugged the adapter back in but the Cruise is still not working again. Any other ideas would help. At least now I know all the fuses, brake light switch and column stem are in working order.
2006 Suburban 1500 RWD
5.3L engine

Thanks for looking...
Old February 21st, 2017, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue.

I am having the same issue as you on my 08 silverado. I replaced the brake light switch and checked all the related fuses. Light on the cruise control buttons comes on, but it won't set. Wiggled the brake pedal while trying to set it. Did you ever figure it out?
Old February 22nd, 2017, 3:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Have not figured it out after replacing all the parts I can think of. The odd past was when the cruise worked the day I was towing a trailer back in December. I wish I had an answer...
Old February 22nd, 2017, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Did you ever try hooking a trailer up fully again. Not just plugging in the 7 pin to 4 pin adapter?
Old June 29th, 2018, 10:27 PM
CF Junior Member

No I have not tried that again
Old July 3rd, 2018, 9:37 AM
CF Beginner

My 1998 Tahoe has an intermittent cruise control currently where it would hold cruise but the minute I hit to increase or decrease speed, it would drop out. Hearing your trailer issue on your truck, I'm wondering if the T-connector I put in for 4 wire trailer lights on my truck has gone bad again. I had to replace it before but I can't remember what malfunctioned. Does your truck have a similar adapter which could be the issue?
Old July 3rd, 2018, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

one thing I have done in the past is lift the brake peddle while turning on the cruise. 9 times out of ten it is the brake peddle switch. and it will turn on until I let back down on the brake peddle.