S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Keyless entry module

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2017, 9:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless entry module

I have a 2004 Chevy Blazer 4.3l automatic. Ive owned probably 10 or more of these trucks and every truck I've had, had the keyless entry on it, this one dont. I pulled the part of the panel off behind the OBD plug and I have the wire and plugin for it. But there is nothing pluged into it. How or what way can I get this module that plugs in, and buy key fobs for it? Thanks for your help guys!!! My RPO codes.
The plugin, that I've read online that says its for the keyless entry module.
Old January 20th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

try a pick'n pull. plug it in and see what happens. it may or may not need programming for the body control module and it will need programming to add fobs...i am not familiar with the blazers.

my 2000 sierra, i found the remote control door lock receiver in the junkyard, plugged it in, reprogrammed the bcm and the fobs. It worked for me, i now have remote keyless entry and the bcm programming gave me content theft security.
I also added cruise control...it was a straight plug in with no programming, just installed a new signal switch and cruise actuator.

Last edited by tech2; January 20th, 2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old January 21st, 2017, 2:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 👍

Originally Posted by tech2
try a pick'n pull. plug it in and see what happens. it may or may not need programming for the body control module and it will need programming to add fobs...i am not familiar with the blazers.

my 2000 sierra, i found the remote control door lock receiver in the junkyard, plugged it in, reprogrammed the bcm and the fobs. It worked for me, i now have remote keyless entry and the bcm programming gave me content theft security.
I also added cruise control...it was a straight plug in with no programming, just installed a new signal switch and cruise actuator.
Ok thanks I will try that again. I read online before and it said it had to be off a 03 or 04, but pretty much all 98+ is basically the same though. But I went to a you-pull-it before and got one off like a 2000(couldnt find any newer) and went to a buddys shop, used his computer to try to program and wouldnt do anything. Going to do some more research and hopefully I can find the right module. Would be some much easier with a key fob, with my 3 year old haha and not having to unlock front doors to unlock the back door. Thanks for your help!!!
Old January 21st, 2017, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

i have to reprogram the bcm. Its not something you can do with a scan tool. if must be done at the dealer. the bcm programming was flashed with a laptop from a gm server to add the option. the fob programming can be done with a scan tool by anyone.