Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

GMC savana 2007 not starting , not cranking over.

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2017, 1:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMC savana 2007 not starting , not cranking over.

i have a GMC savana 2007 and recently it is not starting i change the fuel pump and right after i started to get that problem. well this morning it just not giving me power to crank over and i am in the mood to dump it , but i love this van, so please help, anyone.
Old February 20th, 2017, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

No power to crank that is a battery problem, turn headlamps on, turn key to start do the headlamps dim. Is there any sound at all from the starter, ie solenoid click.
try jump starting from another vehicle. Does the engine turn over then, if it does not checkthe starter connections. If it does, get a new battery.
Old February 20th, 2017, 9:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have power to the headlights etc, try wiggling the gearshift. Could be a safety switch issue. Need more info from you to help more.
Old February 20th, 2017, 11:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Take the starter out and take it to a parts store so they can test it. canucklehead has a good idea but having the starter tested will eliminate the starter if it's ok and point fingers at the safety switch. Also check connections at the starter and check the ground strap.
Old February 21st, 2017, 1:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

savgmc7, your post is too vague. Is it a "crank no start"? Or "no crank no start"? What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?