Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

A\c compressor help

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2017, 5:54 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A\c compressor help

I replaced the a\c compressor on a couple trucks, after I pulled a vaccum on it I recharged it to almost the right amount. Got up 80 psi in the low side. But the compressor would not kick on. Do I need to reset the computer or something?
Old February 24th, 2017, 8:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

no.

make, model, engine year is...

turn on the system and briefly, jumper the low pressure switch. if the compressor runs...you have a pressure problem or switch circuit problem.

if the compressor does not run...check the compressor fuse, relay.
Old February 25th, 2017, 6:05 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see how it would be the pressure switch. They both worked fine until they broke. The one ( 2004 Mack semi) the bearing locked up the other ( 2006 f250) the clutch material itself broke. I read a couple places that you had to unhook the battery to clear the low pressure code, but that didn't work
Old February 25th, 2017, 8:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

your at the wrong site then as this is a gm forum. I cannot speak to the specifics of a mack truck.

I was trying to give you a suggestion based on the limited information you provided.

gm vehicles, and every other brand of car and light duty truck i have filled; as soon as the system is filled enough to close the low pressure switch, the system works.