Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2010 equinox full of water

Search this Thread

Old February 27th, 2017, 11:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2010 equinox full of water

Found condensation on windows, damp seatbelts and waterlogged back seat floors. Took to dealer, they replaced carpet and charged me $1400, but did NOT fix the leak!!! Now I find that I still have the condensation and wet floor problem and mold all over again. Can someone tell me where the water is coming in from? Dealer said they sealed the sunroof. When I tried to talk to Chevy technicians at the Chevy site all they did was send me back to dealership. I am SO frustrated and don't know where to turn.
Old February 27th, 2017, 1:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

why would you not return to the dealership? How long has it been?

You paid for a repair. Go in with your bill and let them know the problem was not fixed. They should take care of this at no charge at this point.

Be calm and polite and ask questions. Don't rant or rage or they will not want to help you. Until you return with a complaint, they think the repair fixed it.
Old February 27th, 2017, 1:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/att...chmentid=5911&

seems to be the sunroof drains aren't long enough. i'll post more...
Originally Posted by kek11466
I had the same issue on my 2008 Equinox. If your vehicle has a sunroof, the drain hose that runs down the passenger side roof post (along side the windshield) has separated. It appears Chevy did not make this hose long enough and there is a hose connector that came apart on mine and the water ran down this post, along side the dash and onto the passenger side floor board. Each time it rained I had standing water on that side floor board. To fix this, you need to remove the trim piece that along side the windshield, that's where mine came apart. Hope this helps.
"

also, check if there is water where the spare tire is.
could be related to the tailgate door drain

Last edited by Gravydog316; February 27th, 2017 at 1:41 PM.
Old February 27th, 2017, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks, will check this out
Old February 27th, 2017, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

This is why I won't go back to the dealer: brought the Equinox in with 5 items that needed looking at. After 10 days at the dealer's, all they did was replace the carpeting and put a rear windshield wiper in. They did NOT fix a rear back up light as they said "I declined it", found that the problems with the A/C switch were not fixed, neither was On-Star (they said they connected but nothing was wrong.) Went back to the dealer (time #2) so they could put the rear light in - I asked why I would have declined having it done, when I told them the problem in the first place. Found on Visit #3 that they couldn't have connected to On-Star the 1st time because this time they said there was no connection and they had to replace the radio antenna. They put a fan motor in with the A/C problem??? Visit #4, found I had the same water problems - took it back to them and they said it would cost another $1500 to install a new sunroof. Having worked on my own cars in my youth I no longer trust them. I even asked if there mechanics were certified because these seem like bumbling idiots. The car was also in for another 10 days for them to do the fan motor, On-Star, etc.

So, I'm trying to find if installing a new sunroof will fix the problem or if it's something else like the roof drains.
Old February 27th, 2017, 8:50 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dragmom
This is why I won't go back to the dealer: brought the Equinox in with 5 items that needed looking at. After 10 days at the dealer's, all they did was replace the carpeting and put a rear windshield wiper in. They did NOT fix a rear back up light as they said "I declined it", found that the problems with the A/C switch were not fixed, neither was On-Star (they said they connected but nothing was wrong.) Went back to the dealer (time #2) so they could put the rear light in - I asked why I would have declined having it done, when I told them the problem in the first place. Found on Visit #3 that they couldn't have connected to On-Star the 1st time because this time they said there was no connection and they had to replace the radio antenna. They put a fan motor in with the A/C problem??? Visit #4, found I had the same water problems - took it back to them and they said it would cost another $1500 to install a new sunroof. Having worked on my own cars in my youth I no longer trust them. I even asked if there mechanics were certified because these seem like bumbling idiots. The car was also in for another 10 days for them to do the fan motor, On-Star, etc.

So, I'm trying to find if installing a new sunroof will fix the problem or if it's something else like the roof drains.
it seems to be the drains, & some people's leaks are coming from the back door