Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

Need help: 1967 Chevy C20 Pickup

Old March 21st, 2017, 8:58 PM
ajb
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help: 1967 Chevy C20 Pickup

Hi There,

I have a 1967 Chevy C20 Pickup, V6, fleetside, longbed truck 2x4, 3 on the tree manual transmission. It has been owned by our family since it was new in 1967 purchased by my Great Grandfather as a farm truck. My ex-husband was a motorhead so we bought the truck from my Grandpa. Now we are divorced, I'm remarried to someone a little less automotively inclined and this truck is just sitting in our garage. Not being driven, and I'm thinking of selling it. The problem is, I have no idea what to ask. It's all original. It ran when I drove it to our home four years ago and it has just sat. I tried turning it over this past week and it tried but no fire. I think it just needs a battery b/c it's always started up no problem. The body is rough. back tailgate is probably trash b/c my Uncle started using it as a farm truck/haul wood truck and didn't really take care of it. The rest of the body is good but there are some rusty areas. Nothing giant, but will definitely need either bondo or panel replacements if someone is anti-bondo. The truck has under 39k original miles. The interior condition is fine. I have the original owner's manual etc. I know I can get it running and that it's mechanically sound. The wood bed is junk b/c it's been used as a farm truck. I'm seeing trucks with varying prices all over the internet and crazy different valuations. I have no idea what this thing is worth. I'm just looking for some feedback re: a "don't take less than this" kind of advice. I do have photos I'd be willing to share if someone is knowledgeable and willing to take a peek and offer me some advice.
Old March 21st, 2017, 10:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Would be a fun one to try on EBay - good luck with sale. BTW what state are you in?
Old March 22nd, 2017, 6:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend uses Ebay in such cases. It does work.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 7:20 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Post the pictures so we can see what kind of shape it is in. You say it is all original. If it is then it is not a V6. it is either a V8 or a straight 6.

Search this Thread