Equinox This SUV offers a smaller, sportier stance than the Trailblazer, all without compromising the SUV abilities.

Chevrolet Equinox
Platform: Theta

2015 Chevy Equinox Falling Apart

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2017, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Chevy Equinox Falling Apart

I really need help! I do not have any warranties on this and I am getting concerned I have purchased a lemon. I have a 2015 Equinox...40,000 miles...I have started hearing knocking/popping noises from the back of the vehicle (near gas tank area) after I turn off the truck. I have also just had problems with accelerating. After driving, the power would reduce in the truck...a ping goes off, my check engine light comes on...then a message on the screen will say "engine power reduced 50%, please service stabilitrac'...then I cannot press on the gas & get the truck to speed up. I will press harder on the gas...the speedometer will say I am going 55mph, and I know I am not going that fast. ..feels like I am going 30mph!!! I will press the gas, the truck will rev up, rpm needle moves high...but I am creeping along like a snail. Next morning check engine light is OFF...but I take it in & luckily there was a "hard code" left, so they were able to see what was going on. But they CANNOT BE SURE! They say I can try to replace the pedal harness. ..which I did today and the part was on a 2 week nationwide back order. So it must be a common issue. It still feels like I am driving much slower than the speedometer is telling me...and the "popping" noise is still happening & I am at a loss!! After spending 5.5 hours in the dealer today, for a 1 hour repair because they had difficulties...the dealer told me that if this does not fix it, the next repair will be more than $1,200! And then we work from there eliminating possible issue...OMG!! My truck is less than 2 years old & already having malfunctioning electrical issues...I thought I bought a reliable new vehicle so that I can be confident while on the road...now I am SO concerned about this vehicle & the MONEY I may have to start shelling out for repairs & looking for lights on the dash, popping from the gas tank, no acceleration or stabilitrac messages...I cannot cope...Sorry this is long winded...but I am at my wits end!! Chevy please help!
Old March 23rd, 2017, 2:43 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

What was the code?