Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Stabilitrak light issue

Old March 25th, 2017, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak light issue

So this is my first time here posting but I need some help finding out what the issue might be. I have a 2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ that just had the motor rebuilt cause of a collapsed lifter and before that any time I turn left or right after starting the truck my stabilitrak lights comes on and the DIC tells me to service the stabilitrak system which then the traction control turns off along with stabilitrak, etc. Well I have been trying to search forums after forums and haven't found anything yet. It now when I turn it sounds like my brakes are grinding and the truck is sluggish because of that not the power cause that is fine. I have 20's on the truck that came with it. It I'm not sure if I need my mechanic to reprogram the BCM or what to compensate for the tire size. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it cause I plan on taking it to my mechanic on Monday to get looked at. If more info is needed let me know and I can provide that. Thanks!
Old March 25th, 2017, 8:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the traction control system has a fault, get the code read and post it here.

if the speedometer is accurate, the wheel and tire size is set correct. if the speedo is off the ebcm can be set up to match the rim and tire size...with the use of a scan tool...no reprogramming is required.

Search this Thread