Notices
Silverado DIY and Useful Threads This section is for Do-It-Yourself articles and other informative FAQ threads. If you would like to submit an article, contact a member of staff!

ideas, suggestions, and fixes: 04 silverado

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2017, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ideas, suggestions, and fixes: 04 silverado

This is my first post on this forum. I appreciate you reading, and if this is in the wrong spot, please redirect me.

I have an 04 silverado, barebones base model. 4.3 4x4 single cab, short bed. Im looking for ideas on where to bring it. First, ill tell you what ive done to it, and also little issues it has.

K&n intake
magna flow exhaust
Power commander

I think the oil pressure sensor is bad or the screen is clogged, one or more lights in the dash have gone, and the damn armrest was made to stay up. Also the engine seems to have a tick, but its mostly when its wet and im hoping it is just a belt and not a lack of oil getting to the top end, which could always be it with the ops issue. Im also not too worried about these as I can fix them myself and the engine is just the 4.3

Im looking into getting an upgrade but im not having an easy time prioritizing. I have wheels but theyre the same stock size, I have 33's but I cant decide if I want to lower or lift. Ive been lifted before and its expensive plus the single cab short bed looks better imo lowered.. but its 4x4.. anyway heres a simple list I have in mind. Suggestions welcomed

Lower 4-6
Keep small wheels, fit tires to match? Or trade/use 33's?
Replace seats to something nice
double din radio
ss conversions...?

What do you fellas say? What should my priorities be? What have you experienced that I can learn from off the bat? Thanks for reading all that and your responses. I appreciate it