Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

$4,000 Dealer mistake?

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2015, 2:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:
My insurance went to the dealership and said it was covered under my policy. I get a call from the service mgr. that he had been thinking about it and decided it wouldn't be right for them to pay. They are going to cover everything and have all the parts together. They told me to keep the new 2015 silverado for free until they get it done.(one part was on national backorder but they found it at another dealership in another state and had it shipped overnight.) They are trying to have the truck back to me tommorow. Good thing, because we are taking out the trailer for Easter.

Nobody will ever no 100% for sure what happened. I'm just glad they stepped up and I'll be getting my truck back. I sure don't like the 2015 crew cab I'm driving.
Old March 26th, 2015, 8:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

what was the dealers name. Good for them. The owner is a stand up guy.
Old March 27th, 2015, 3:16 PM
CF Junior Member

The dealers name is Val Mark cheverolet in New Braunfels, Tx.

I just got home from picking up the truck and all I can say is wow. They had the truck detailed and would not let me pay for close to $200. in original services. The also gave me full paperwork on the original service and also the complete brake services. My actual brakes were still at 70% or I would have had them replaced at the same time. They also previously replaced my cracked dash for $100. bucks even though I didn't by the truck from them.

I would advise that anybody that has an issue with a dealer to keep a cool head and go to the top. I never once got upset with them or raised my voice. (and I was fuming) I never brought up the lawyer thing but I did ask them what conclusions do they think 12 people would come up with.

So it's nice to report that a dealership did the right thing and actually went way over the top to make sure I was happy. It's been a good day....

Last edited by Rooti; March 27th, 2015 at 3:24 PM.
Old March 27th, 2015, 9:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Rats, Val Mark is quite a commute for me! I have had pretty good luck with Roy Robinson here, hope they would step up like this given the same scenario. Sure is nice when a business exceeds your expectations! Congratulations!
Old March 28th, 2015, 6:35 AM
CF Beginner

Just because you take it to the STEALERSHIP doesn't mean you have certified mechanics'. They can be any back yard mechanic off the street. I have had brake pads put on wrong YES wrong... Drivers side a drivers side pad and a passengers side pad hammered into the caliper. Passengers side a drivers side pad and a passengers side pad hammered into place and they were actually wearing on an angle. These were certified mechanics so Just because you think ur getting the work done at the STEALERSHIP doesn't mean crap and always check their work too...
Old March 28th, 2015, 12:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitch167
Just because you take it to the STEALERSHIP doesn't mean you have certified mechanics'. They can be any back yard mechanic off the street. I have had brake pads put on wrong YES wrong... Drivers side a drivers side pad and a passengers side pad hammered into the caliper. Passengers side a drivers side pad and a passengers side pad hammered into place and they were actually wearing on an angle. These were certified mechanics so Just because you think ur getting the work done at the STEALERSHIP doesn't mean crap and always check their work too...
Guess that will always be a potential problem when we deal with our fellow human beings!
Old March 28th, 2015, 5:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednucleus
Guess that will always be a potential problem when we deal with our fellow human beings!

Agreed. It can happen to any business. The good ones take responsibility for it and fix it. I would continue to do business there.