Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

02 Silverado Loss of Power, Cuts Out

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2013, 8:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Silverado Loss of Power, Cuts Out

I have a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado ext. cab 4x4 aprox. 175k miles. The issue that I am having after driving 15+ mins...while traveling at any given speed above 30 mph and I let off the accelerator, then gently press or get down on the accelerator the engine cuts out (feels like running out of fuel) and after about 15 seconds or so of picking up and cutting out every second, as if it is trying to go but something is cutting it out from going. The truck will start running back to normal until I left off the accelerator again and then press down on the accelerator to speed back up.

I took my truck to a mechanic who has worked on GM vehicles for the past 9 years that told me that he had never seen any vehicle do this before. But while he had the truck he tried a few different things. Of course no check engine light at all. No codes during jumping motion. At first he thought that it was the notorious fuel pump only to find that the pressure stayed constant with no change during to jumping motion, also replaced the fuel filter. So then he replaced the MAF sensor with no luck there either, and we put a new throttle position sensor on with no luck either. I have been threw several tanks of gas since this has started with fuel cleaner. I'm in need of any advise.

Last edited by bjcragg; June 10th, 2014 at 5:09 PM.
Old September 6th, 2013, 7:57 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What towing problems have people had?