Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

03 Silverado blowing fuses!

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2006, 1:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Silverado blowing fuses!

My first chevy truck and it's been a good'un till now!
1) my power outlet accessory keeps blowing fuses(20A) with or without something connected to it, I switch over to the Cigarette lighter(15A)and it blows too. If it's a short somewhere how do I find it?
2)My passenger side power mirror doesn't defrost any more, it moves but won't defrost
3) My manual A/C climate control slider bar light is out too, just the passenger side light is out, the driver side light works
4) The volume control Light on my steering wheel for the radio is out.
Everything didn't go out at once! I've had the climate control light out for some time, the power outlet/ cig lighter fuse just started and I've replaced the 20A and 15A fuses 3 times now, just noticed the volume control on the wheel is out and noticed the passenger side mirror not defrosting when I was backing down my boat at the ramp the other week.
What the Heck! How can I find out what's going on?[]
Old December 5th, 2006, 2:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 03 Silverado blowing fuses!

Electrical problems can be difficult to troubleshoot... I am curently searching for info on my previous post just a few days ago for " shimmering lights" and,.. since that last post my drivers side power window will not go down. I suspect it has broken a linkage bar or something that connects the window to the motor. Just another thing I need to spend more time fixing on something I shouldn't have to. I know this is my last GM product I'm buying..... Skoot61
Old December 5th, 2006, 4:05 AM
CF Beginner

yea, I had my passenger side window do the same thing, but it was under warranty, all this stuff going on now isn't! I hope all this stuff is a cheap fix? must be the third year jink on this truck?
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:06 AM
CF Pro Member

ORIGINAL: skoot61

Electrical problems can be difficult to troubleshoot... I am curently searching for info on my previous post just a few days ago for " shimmering lights" and,.. since that last post my drivers side power window will not go down. I suspect it has broken a linkage bar or something that connects the window to the motor. Just another thing I need to spend more time fixing on something I shouldn't have to. I know this is my last GM product I'm buying..... Skoot61
Power window issue is the regulator , they use cables on these that break.
Old December 7th, 2006, 9:58 PM
CF Junior Member

If the fuses are blowin your gonna have to do some hunting. Maybe behind the stereo or under the dash. Have you tried both fuse boxes (for the defroster). I hate messing with this crap, I had the same problem on a grand am years ago, turned out it was just an exposed wire barely touching the back of the radio, took weeks to find it. Since it's just the cig. lighter should be a straight shot to the fuse box. As for the lights out, try tapping on the face of the climate control, maybe the light bulbs just loose, or out and you have to take the thing apart and get new bulbs, if you do so might as well change them all out to long life ones.
Old August 31st, 2012, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

yEA MY 2007 SILVERADO IS BLOWING FUSES, CHANGED THE LIGHTER AND THE SOCKET AND IT STILL DOES IT. WHEN I DO NOT USE THE LIGHTER MY ACC PLUG SITE WORKS FINE WITH MY GPS?