Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

'05 Silverado AC / Heat Blend Actuator Issue

Old July 24th, 2012, 11:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool '05 Silverado AC / Heat Blend Actuator Issue

Good Afternoon!

I have a 2005 Silverado Crew Cab and intermittently, the AC on the drivers' side goes to full hot. If I stop the vehicle, shut it off and restart it, the drivers' side blows cold again.

I replaced the temp blend actuator on the drivers side a couple of years ago because it just quit working altogether. All was well up until a couple of months ago when this issue popped up.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old July 26th, 2012, 1:36 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DSCHNARS
Good Afternoon!

I have a 2005 Silverado Crew Cab and intermittently, the AC on the drivers' side goes to full hot. If I stop the vehicle, shut it off and restart it, the drivers' side blows cold again.

I replaced the temp blend actuator on the drivers side a couple of years ago because it just quit working altogether. All was well up until a couple of months ago when this issue popped up.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Silverado vehicle. This may be due to poor terminal tension, backed out terminals or connectors not fully seated. This is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis.

For an official diagnosis, please consult with a certified technician for an inspection of the vehicle.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 26th, 2012, 1:40 PM
CF Monarch

Received 335 Likes on 316 Posts

Could be it is bad again. It is all plastic and especially the aftermarket ones are pretty cheaply made.
Old August 8th, 2012, 6:32 AM
CF Beginner

Thank you!
Old August 8th, 2012, 9:41 PM
CF Junior Member

2004 silverado heater blend doors not working def. ok vent temp.is ok