Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900

05 Silverado Brake Pads

Old April 24th, 2013, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Silverado Brake Pads

I am getting a little frustrated with the brakes on my truck and I wanted to get your opinion on them. I bought the truck 3 years ago with 71,000 miles on the dial. Last spring I changed the pads because they were squealing a little bit and it was getting into camping season. That same weekend we pulled the camper an hour away and over the weekend I had some grinding noises. Turns out that a bearing went, had it towed and found out that the drums were bad, front caliper was seized, the other caliper was worn, needed new rotors. Most of this was under warranty.

Three months later after a camping trip the master cylinder went and they replaced the MC, Booster, and replaced the rear line (all under warranty). Frustrated yes but also felt good that I have a new brake system. I started driving my truck more and last week I have pads squealing again. It is light noise but I only have about 5K on these pads.

What's going on? I have in the past used the top of the line pads (top of the line available at advanced auto) and should not have to replace them again. Even on the old pads I had a ton of life left but they were squealing.

What am I doing wrong? How do the warranties work on brake pads from Advanced auto?